Do not exceed the motorcycle manufacturer's Gross Vehicle weight limit when loading and pulling ANY trailer with ANY motorcycle. HitchDoc motorcycle trailer hitches are made with 3/8 inch and 1/4 inch plate steel. ALL HitchDoc motorcycle trailer hitches have a MAXIMUM tongue weight load of 40 pounds. Tongue weight must NEVER EXCEED 10% of the GROSS TRAILER weight including ALL CONTENTS AND CARGO.
Motorcycle performance is always effected by adding a trailer to a motorcycle. Always ride in a conservative and safety conscience manner when towing a trailer with a motorcycle.
1. Extra distance of at least 10 to 20% is always required by motorcycles when pulling a trailer.
2. Always decrease from normal cornering speeds when pulling a trailer with a motorcycle.
3. When riding in groups with a motorcycle trailer, always ride at the rear of the group to minimize group accident exposure.
4. Never exceed motorcycle manufacturer, trailer manufacturer, or hitch manufacturer's limits for gross weights or tongue weights.
5. Never exceed posted speed limits for vehicles pulling trailers which can be different than non-towing vehicles.
6. Many states exclude, by law, vehicles towing trailers from the left hand, or so called fast lanes.